Drink Lemon Water Instead of Pills if You Have One of These 15 Problems!
A lemon contains 64% of the daily recommended intake of vitamin C, while also containing phytochemicals such as polyphenols and terpenes.
Many experts suggest that you should start the day with a glass of warm lemon water. To prepare it, boil some water, leave it to cool down and add some freshly squeezed lemon juice. A glass of warm lemon water in the morning can provide your body with essential nutrients and improve your overall health. Lemon juice is rich in vitamins B and C, antioxidants, phosphorus, protein, volatile oils, flavonoids, carbs and potassium. The juice has powerful antibacterial and anti-vital properties which will strengthen your immune system and help it fight infections and diseases.
Starting your day with warm lemon water can improve your digestion, fight hunger cravings, stimulate weight loss and creates an alkaline environment in your body, effectively regulating your pH balance and reducing acidity.
Here’s what warm lemon water can help you with:
1. Heals acne. Lemon water will reduce the acidity in your body and prevent acne breakouts. Wash your face with lemon water to eliminate acne and improve the condition of your skin.
2. Suppresses appetite. Lemon water suppresses your appetite due to the rich vitamin and enzyme content which regulates your blood sugar levels and helps you maintain healthy weight. It also contains pectin, a fiber that aids digestion and improves your digestive system.
3. Flushes out kidney stones. Lemon is rich in potassium, a mineral that can increase the citrate levels in your urine and prevent oxalate formation.
4. Boosts your immune system. Lemons are a great support to the lymphatic system, which in turn helps the immune system eliminate pathogens.
5. Gallbladder pain. Drink a glass of lemon water along your lunch to eliminate gallstones and reduce the pain caused by them.
6. Cold and flu remedy. As a natural antioxidant full of vitamin C, lemons can boost your immune system to fight colds and flu. They also have powerful antibacterial and antiviral properties which is why drinking warm lemon water in the winter is the best protection against seasonal diseases.
7. GERD. Some people claim that lemon water can reduce the effects of GERD (Gastrointestinal Reflux Diseases) and bring you much needed relief.
8. Hardens finger nails. Lemon water strengthens your finger nails and clears up the white spots that often appear on them.
9. Fights food poisoning. Drink a glass of lemon water every day in order to prevent food poisoning when travelling abroad.
10. Treats fibromyalgia. Combining lemon water with yoga can relieve the exhaustion caused by fibromyalgia.
11. Reduces inflammation. Lemon water reduces inflammation in the body due to the powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
12. Relieves sore muscles after workouts. Drink a glass of lemon juice after a strenuous workout to reduce the muscle soreness later.
13. Reduces joint swelling and pain. Lemon water reduces uric acid in our joints, effectively preventing swelling and pain and inflammatory conditions such as gout.
14. Reduces alcohol cravings. Consume lemon juice at parties to avoid drinking alcohol and a splitting headache in the morning.
15. Treats colitis. Colitis is a condition which occurs due to imbalance of the acid\alkaline levels in your body. The condition can be cured by drinking lemon water regularly which will balance your pH levels and reduce the acidity in your blood.